XQuery query language has many features to it. Here is a list of the key features:
- The XQuery language is usable. This is used for XML based data extraction and query.
- XQuery is a programming language oriented to expression with a basic type system.
- SQL is similar to XQuery. For example: While SQL is database query language, the same as XQuery is XML query language.
- XQuery is based on XPath, which uses XPath expressions to manipulate XML documents.
- XQuery is a standard W3C application supported universally by all large databases.
Advantages of XQuery
- XQuery may be used to collect hierarchical as well as tabular data.
- XQuery may also be used to query tree structures and graphical structures.
- XQUery may be used to create Web pages.
- Web sites may be queried via XQuery.
- XQuery is suitable for databases focused on XML and entity bases. Databases on artifacts are far more versatile and efficient than strictly tabular databases.